Software quality assurance (SQA) is a verification process. It ensures that all the software engineering methodologies, processes, and activities comply with the governance standards. In this article at Software Testing Help, discover the details of observing quality standards.
SQA integrates the entire software development procedure right from the start. It involves specifying the project needs until its release. As a quality assurance manager, your primary objective is to ensure the project quality is up to the mark. The quality assurance plan comprises techniques and tools required for the project or service delivery. The planning must align with the definite needs of your software specifications. It must also clarify your SQA team's responsibilities. Observe the areas that need review and audit them to highlight the SQA work products.
SQA Action Plan
- Form an SQA management plan to analyze how the assurance procedure would take place in the project. It should also incorporate if the project methodology and other engineering activities cover all the project's necessities.
- The SQA team observes some critical checkpoints to evaluate project quality at each stage. Thus, they ensure whether a quality inspection is an exception or needs amendment.
- By implementing software engineering techniques, the software designer aids in achieving high-quality specifications like a functional analysis system technique.
- Based on the data gathered, software designers can prepare project estimation. They should use tools like work breakdown structure (WBS), source line of codes (SLOC), and functional point (FP) estimation.
- By implementing formal technical reviews (FTR), evaluate the project quality and the prototype design. The procedure involves a meeting with the professional staff to talk about the software quality needs and the design prototype. The activity facilitates spotting errors at an early phase, thus reducing rework later.
- Use a multi-testing strategy to test the product from all angles and seal it with a stamp of the 'best quality.' It requires a mix of both manual and automated procedures that have a change control mechanism.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/software-quality-assurance/