There are numerous effective project management procedures, despite the common misconception that only a few methods exist. The invention of these models is for flexibility in software development, but you may use these ideas and methods in a wide range of industries. A substantial corporate investment is lost because of subpar project performance, and companies that do not view project methodology as a strategic capability have much higher project failure rates. This article at MakeUseOf by Sandra Dawes-Chatha discusses how project stakeholders and managers can propel project success.
Purpose of Project Assessment
You must evaluate all projects because they can offer knowledge and lessons learned for future endeavors. Sharing your results with team members and project stakeholders after the project assessment process is complete is crucial. There are numerous ways to evaluate a project. The author recommends following the fundamental stages irrespective of the approaches you prefer.
Project Stakeholders - Focus on These Steps
- Develop an Evaluation Plan - Consider the goals and objectives of your project to determine the project assessment method you want to use.
- Evaluation Source – First, select the data collection method for the evaluation. Once you have finalized it, you should provide a clear schedule and assign responsibilities to your team.
- Implement Project Evaluation - Ensure that everyone on the team is aware of the project status by creating status reports that you can share. The implementation procedure varies depending on the tools and techniques you select for the evaluation. You should focus on the following:
- Pre-project evaluation: project goals and objectives
- Ongoing evaluation: budget, quality, and schedule.
- Post-project evaluation: Measure the project's success
- Review the Data - After gathering it for review, examine it for patterns, shortcomings, and strengths.
- Prepare a Report - After your data analysis, compile the findings into a report that your project stakeholders and the team can use.
- Discuss Next Steps - To encourage creative thinking, improve communication, and enhance the next projects, discuss the next steps based on the findings.
The author also discusses the tools you can use for project assessment.
To read the original article, click on https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-do-project-evaluation/