Your actions are often dictated by what you know. Good books can have life-changing effects, teach you lessons, or simply continue to inspire you for years to come. Researching, getting insights from industry leaders, or reading a book can be a great way to better understand what technology means for society in the future. The more you know, the better prepared you will be for project leadership or other challenges ahead. In this article at Forbes, Jena McGregor shares ten must-read career and leadership books to boost your knowledge and career.
Project Leadership Books Beyond Food for Thought
If you are trying to make your next career move and need some guidance, you want to advocate or manage your time more effectively. Here, you can find a list of fascinating books that will inspire you to consider your role from an entirely new perspective:
Ten Illuminating Books for Career Development and Leaders
- Frank Slootman, January 19, "Amp It Up: Leading for Hypergrowth with High Expectations, Urgency, and Intensity."
- Tessa West, January 25, 2016, "Jerks At Work: Toxic Coworkers And What To Do About Them."
- Y-Vonne Hutchinson, February 1, "How To Talk To Your Boss About Race: Speaking Up Without Getting Shut Down."
- Dan Pink, February 1, "The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us Forward."
- James D. White, March 1, "Anti-Racist Leadership: How To Transform Corporate Culture In A Race-Conscious World"
- Marcus Buckingham, April 5, "Love + Work: How to Find What You Love, Love What You Do, and Do It for the Rest of Your Life."
- Roger Martin, April 12, "A New Way To Think: Your Guide To Superior Management Effectiveness."
- Andy Dunn, May 10, "Burn Rate: Launching a Startup and Losing My Mind."
- Sona Movsesian, July 19, "The World's Worst Assistant."
- Cassie Holmes, September 6, "Happier Hour: How to Beat Distraction, Expand Your Time, and Focus on What Matters Most."
To read the original article, click on https://www.forbes.com/sites/jenamcgregor/2021/12/26/10-must-read-career-and-leadership-books-for-2022/?sh=5eed661914ca